The Software Development Engineer’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle (including updates to company websites and catalogs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Collaborate in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Update company websites and catalogs to reflect company message and available offerings.
- Working on web projects, graphic design projects
- Reviewing business requirements, to design, construct and test design projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development or similar.
- 10+ Years of experience.
- Must be able to multi-task, supporting and driving multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an, at times mentally challenging, environment to meet project deadlines.
- Must be able to interact openly in a group setting in order to solve problems.
- Good communication skills required.
- Must be well-organized.
Program/technology savvy and understand the importance of being detail-oriented in every aspect of their work