Distributor Sales Representative sells aluminum framing systems and products to manufacturing companies in industries such as robotics, automation, aerospace, production, etc.. The Distributor Sales Representative will focus on nationwide distribution to provide our clients with a high level of service on quotes, orders, and product advice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from referrals, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, and/or talks with customers on site or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions, keeps expense accounts and mileage logs.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels to insure availability to handle orders.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing personnel.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries and other issues as they might arise.
- Attends trade shows as requested.
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry and related products.
- Proven market expansion and successful sales history.
- Adhere to customer service principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and prospects; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and enter orders.
- Knowledge of Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as measurements, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good communication skills required.
- Must be well-organized.