Design Engineer will design and fabricate high quality aluminum framing components. Integrate the physical design requirements (structural) and fabrication aspects of all hardware development to produce designs that meet all applicable requirements for the form, fit and function The Design Engineer will proactively work with the other engineering staff to prepare electronic sketches, drawings and other technical documents within the governing quality assurance program and procedures. The engineer will successfully coordinate with fabrication staff to ensure production requirements are successfully met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist engineering staff in the design and development of systems and components. Interface with engineering staff effectively to ensure the form, fit and function of designs while working with fabrication staff to ensure cost effectiveness and manufacturability of designs.
- Collaborate with the engineering staff to produce design sketches and drawings in accordance with applicable standards. Accurately incorporate tolerances into design drawings.
- Originate and/or review structural analyses, prototype test processes, operations procedures and reports.
- Review and verify design drawings and other technical documentation prepared by others to ensure correctness and accuracy in form, fit and function.
- Creates and manages new custom design features to satisfy customer order requirements and meet production needs
- Applies established engineering standards to meet all applicable regulations.
- Interacts with outside vendors and internal purchasing agents to ensure that purchased materials meet customer specifications and “fit and finish” expectations
- Identifies, documents and implements internal department quality and process improvements
- Prepare project releases.
- Interact daily with fabrication personnel and customers to interpret evolving customer needs and projects requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 10+ Years of experience as design engineer/manufacturing.
- Must be able to multi-task, supporting and driving multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an, at times mentally challenging, environment to meet project deadlines.
- Must be able to interact openly in a group setting in order to solve problems.
- Good communication skills required.
- Must be well-organized.